ADAMSON HOUSE AT MALIBU LAGOON STATE BEACH


Designed by Stiles O. Clements in 1929, this Spanish Colonial Revival home contains the best surviving examples of decorative ceramic tile produced by Malibu Potteries. During its short existence from 1926 to 1932, Malibu Potteries made an outstanding contribution to ceramic art in California through its development and production of a wide range of artistic and colorful decorative tile. The home was built for Merritt Huntley Adamson and Rhoda Rindge Adamson, daughter of Frederick Hastings Rindge and May Knight Rindge, last owners of the Rancho Malibu Spanish grant.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (77000298)
• State Historical Site (966)
Visited: 05/24/2015
LocationMap
Websitewww.adamhouse.org
Articles & References:
The First Malibu Beach House