ADMINISTRATION AND VETERANS MEMORIAL BUILDING

(Atascadero Colony)


This building, dedicated in 1914 and completed in 1918, was the headquarters for the Atascadero Colony, a model community envisioned by Edward G. Lewis. Designed by Walter D. Bliss of San Francisco and built of reinforced concrete and locally produced brick, it had also served as a private school for boys, a veteran’s memorial building, and county offices. It is currently the seat of municipal government.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (77000336)
• State Historical Site (958)
Visited: 01/19/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A