ANGELS HOTEL


The canvas hotel that C. C. Lake erected here in 1851 was replaced by a one-story wooden structure, and then in 1855 by one of stone – a second story was added in 1857. It was here that Samuel Clemens first heard the yarn that was later to bring him fame as Mark Twain, author of The Jumping Frog of Calaveras County.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (72000220)
• State Historical Site (734)
Visited: 05/20/2018
LocationMap
Website: N/A