BUENA VISTA REFINERY


Eight miles due west of this marker stood one of California’s first commercial oil refineries. Between August 1864 and April 1867, approximately 4,000 gallons of illuminating oil produced there was shipped to San Francisco by the Buena Vista Petroleum Company. Refining operations terminated due to excessive transportation rates.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (504)
Visited: 07/19/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A