CALIENTE


Originally known as Allen’s Camp after Gabriel Allen, who in the 1870s had a cabin and stock pasture near here, the settlement was named Caliente when railroad construction reached this point in April 1875. The town became a railroad terminal for about 16 months while a force of up to three thousand men, most of them Chinese, labored on the heavy railroad construction on the mountain.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (757)
Visited: 02/13/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A