Name: Furnace of the Owens Lake Silver-Lead Company
Site Number: #752
Date Visited: 09/03/2016
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: State Marker
Location: 8025 CA-136, Lone Pine, CA 93545
Description: The Owens Lake Silver-lead furnace and mill were built here by Colonel Sherman Stevens in 1869 and used until March 1874. James Brady assumed their operation in 1870 for the Silver-Lead Company and built the town of Swansea. During the next few years the output of this furnace and one at Cerro Gordo was around 150 bars of silver, each weighing 83 pounds, every 24 hours.