Name: Sebastian Indian Reservation
Site Number: #133
Date Visited: 07/19/2015
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: Private Plaque
Location: 9021 Grapevine Rd W, Lebec,, CA 93243
Description: The Sebastian or Tejón Indian Reservation (headquarters ten miles east of here) was established in 1853 by General Edward Fitzgerald Beale as one of several California reservations. The number of Indians quartered here varied from 500 to 2,000. General Beale acquired title to this area under Mexican land grant of 1843. In 1864 the U.S. government transferred the Indians to other reservations.