Name: Lavers Crossing
Site Number: #672
Date Visited: 02/14/2016
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: Private Plaque
Location: 950 White River Rd, Glennville, CA 93226
Coordinates35.7358809,-118.7202853
Website: N/A

Description: In 1854, John C. Reid filed a squatter’s claim on this spot – the same year Kern County’s first school class was held here. In 1859, David Lavers, with his father and brother, John, built a hotel and stage barn on the old Bull Road. The crossing was the principal community in Linn’s Valley until about 1870.