Name: Los Angeles Plaza
Site Number: #156
Date Visited: 02/08/2015
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: Private Plaque
Location: 124-146 Paseo De La Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Coordinates: 34.056838, -118.238512
Description: A part of the original pueblo lands of El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula founded in 1781 under the Spanish Laws of the Indies during the reign of King Carlos III, the plaza is located close to the site of the original plaza. It was the center of the settlement founded by Governor Felipe de Neve. When the Plaza Church was completed in 1822, this site was reserved as a public plaza. It was landscaped in 1871 and has served since that date as a public park.