Name: Mission San Fernando Rey de España
Site Number: #157
Date Visited: 09/06/2014
Other Designation: National Historic Site (NPS-88002147)
Plaque Status: Private Plaque
Location: 15151 San Fernando Mission Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91345
Description: Mission San Fernando Rey de España was founded by Father Lasuén in September 8, 1797. A house belonging to Francisco Reyes, on Encino Rancho, furnished temporary shelter for the missionary in charge. An adobe chapel, built and blessed in December 1806, was damaged by the destructive earthquake of 1812 – a new church was completed in 1818.