Name: Casa Adobe de San Rafael
Site Number: #235
Date Visited: 01/03/2015
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: Private Plaque
Location: 1358 Dorothy Dr, Glendale, CA 91202
Coordinates34.166109,-118.264043
Websitewww.glendaleca.gov

Description: In October 1784, José María Verdugo petitioned Pedro Fages, Governor of Alta California, for a grant of land. This grant was the first and one of the largest made. When parts of Rancho San Rafael were sold, Tomás Sánchez, Sheriff of Los Angeles County, purchased a tract of 100 acres and in 1865 built this artistic adobe of the hacienda type, restored in 1932.