Name: Old Mill
Site Number: #302
Date Visited: 01/03/2015
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: State Marker
Location: 1112 Old Mill Rd, San Marino, CA 91108
Coordinates34.1188487,-118.1277551
Websitewww.old-mill.org

Articles & Reference

Gallery Partnership at the Old Mill

Description: The Old Mill, El Molino Viejo, was designed by Father José María Zalvidea and built of fired bricks and adobe about 1816 to serve Mission San Gabriel. Another grist mill was built in 1823 near the mission and the old mill was gradually abandoned – it passed from mission control in 1846. The property remained in private hands until 1903, when Henry E. Huntington bought the building and used it for a golf clubhouse. Later owners, Mr. and Mrs. James Brehm, had the mill restored in 1928 by Frederick Rupple.