CARNEGIE


A city of 3,500 population from 1895-1912, the town had a post office, company store, hotels, saloons, bandstand, and hundreds of homes. The Carnegie Brick and Pottery Company had 45 kilns and 13 tall smokestacks, clay came from the famous Tesla Coal Mine, four miles to the west. Town and plant were served by the Alameda and San Joaquin Railroad.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (740)
Off-Highway Vehicle State Park
Visited: 05/25/2019
LocationMap
Websitewww.ohv.parks.ca.gov