CASA ADOBE DE SAN RAFAEL


In October 1784, José María Verdugo petitioned Pedro Fages, Governor of Alta California, for a grant of land. This grant was the first and one of the largest made. When parts of Rancho San Rafael were sold, Tomás Sánchez, Sheriff of Los Angeles County, purchased a tract of 100 acres and in 1865 built this artistic adobe of the hacienda type, restored in 1932.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (235)
Visited: 01/03/2015
LocationMap
Websitewww.glendale.ca.gov