CASA DE LA GUERRA


A common council was duly elected near this site on August 26, 1850, two weeks before California statehood. The City of Santa Barbara held its first official meeting here in 1875, the first city hall was erected here, and the area is still center of city’s governmental activities. The plaza was the scene of early Santa Barbara fiestas, and the hospitality at the de la Guerra house set standards for Santa Barbara.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (77000346)
• State Historical Site (307)
Visited: 07/29/2015
LocationMap
Websitewww.sbthp.org