CASA DE SAN PEDRO


The first known commercial structure on the shore of San Pedro Bay was built here in 1823 by the trading firm of McCulloch and Hartnell to store cattle hides from the San Gabriel and San Fernando missions. Richard Henry Dana described this adobe hide house in Two Years Before the Mast. Thus began the development of the Port of Los Angeles.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (920)
Visited: 09/06/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A