CASA DE TABLETA


This structure, built by Felix Buelna in the 1850s, served as a gambling retreat and meeting place for Mexican-Californios. It was strategically located on the earliest trail used both by rancheros and American settlers crossing the peninsula to the coast. Acquired by an American in 1868, it has continued to serve under various names as a roadhouse and saloon.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (73000447)
• State Historical Site (825)
Visited: 09/04/2017
LocationMap
Websitewww.alpineinnpv.com