CECIL B. DeMILLE STUDIO BARN


Cecil B. DeMille rented half of this structure, then used as a barn, as the studio in which was made the first feature-length motion picture in Hollywood-The Squaw Man-in 1913. Associated with Mr. DeMille in making The Squaw Man were Samuel Goldwyn and Jesse Lasky, Sr. Originally located at the corner of Selma and Vine Streets, in 1927 the barn was transferred to Paramount Studios.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (554)
Visited: 02/08/2015
LocationMap
Websitewww.hollywoodheritage.org
Article & Reference:
Hollywood Heritage Museum