FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH OF PESCADERO
Built in May 1867, this is the oldest church building on its original site within the San Mateo-Santa Clara County region. Its Classical Revival style reflects the cultural background of pioneer Yankee settlers of the south San Francisco peninsula coast. The steeple was appended to the bell tower in 1890. During repairs caused by a minor fire in 1940, the social hall was added.
MT. HOPE CEMETERY
Like St. Anthony’s it is a rural cemetery. There is no lawn, but the cemetery does not seem untended. Stones stand tall and little touches show a community that cares. In fact a few years ago, San Mateo County Sheriff’s Deputy, Dan Caughey, some prisoners, and a local volunteers worked hard to restore the cemetery to what it is today.