FIRST HOME OF POMONA COLLEGE


Pomona College, incorporated October 14, 1887, held its first class in this small frame cottage on September 12, 1888. Those in attendance consisted of a mere handful of eager students, five faculty members, and the president, Professor Edwin C. Norton. Five months later, in January 1889, the college moved to an unfinished boom hotel on a plot of land in the town of Claremont.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (289)
Visited: 08/08/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A