FIRST JEWISH SITE IN LOS ANGELES


The Hebrew Benevolent Society of Los Angeles (1854), first charitable organization in the city, acquired this site from the city council by deed of April 9, 1855. This purchase of a sacred burial ground represented the first organized community effort by the pioneer Jewish settlers.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (822)
Visited: 03/22/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A