FIRST PERMANENT WHITE HABITATION IN OWENS VALLEY


In August of 1861, A. Van Fleet and three other men drove their cattle into Owens Valley and prepared to stay. A cabin of sod and stone was built at the big bend of the Owens River at the northern end of the valley.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (230)
Visited: 09/05/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A