FRANCISCO SOLANO ALVISO ADOBE


This building, erected in 1844-46 by Francisco Solano Alviso, was the first adobe house to be built in the Pleasanton Valley. It was originally called Alisal-The Sycamores. Following the Battle of Sunol Canyon, General John C. Frémont withdrew to this building, which became his headquarters for several days.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (510)
Visited: 05/25/2019
LocationMap
Websitewww.cityofpleasantonca.gov