FURNACE OF THE OWENS LAKE SILVER-LEAD COMPANY
The Owens Lake Silver-lead furnace and mill were built here by Colonel Sherman Stevens in 1869 and used until March 1874. James Brady assumed their operation in 1870 for the Silver-Lead Company and built the town of Swansea. During the next few years the output of this furnace and one at Cerro Gordo was around 150 bars of silver, each weighing 83 pounds, every 24 hours.
Related Site(s): Cerro Gordo, Cottonwood Charcoal Kilns