GLENNVILLE ADOBE


This is Kern County’s oldest residence, built before the Civil War by Thomas Fitzgerald as a trading post at the junction of two Indian trails. The present Greenhorn Road follows the east-west trail (later the McFarland Toll Road) to the Kern River mining districts. The town was named in 1857 after James Madison Glenn, an early settler. 

Designation:
• State Historical Site (495)
Visited: 02/14/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A