GORDON’S FERRY ON THE KERN RIVER


Gordon’s Ferry was an overhead cable-type of ferry operated during the 1850s by Major Gordon. An adobe station house was located on the south bank of the Kern River, just a few yards to the west of this marker, which also served as a station on the Butterfield Overland Mail Route from 1856 to 1860.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (137)
Visited: 07/19/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A