GUBSERVILLE


Named after Frank Gubser, a German immigrant and barber, Gubserville was an important stage, mail, and teamster stop on the road between San Jose and Saratoga. Gubser served as the village’s first and only postmaster, beginning July 5, 1882. Gubserville ceased to exist officially when the post office was discontinued on April 15, 1897.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (447)
Visited: 09/02/2017
LocationMap
Website: N/A