HILL TOWN FERRY


Operated by Hiram Cory, this was one of the first ferries to cross the Salinas River. The Monterey County Board of Supervisors regulated the toll which was, in 1877: buggy and horse, 25 cents, buggy and horses, 37-1/2 cents, four horses and wagon, 85 cents, six horses and wagon, $1, horse and saddle, 25 cents, and man on foot, 12-1/2 cents. The ferry operated until a bridge was built in 1889.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (560)
Visited: 06/28/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A