KERNVILLE


Called Whiskey Flat until 1864, Kernville was founded in 1860 when whiskey dealer Adam Hamilton moved shop here from more temperate Quartzburg, founded earlier that year. Both camps resulted from a discovery by ‘Lovely’ Rogers, who found the Big Blue Ledge while tracking a stray mule from the earlier camp of Keysville.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (132)
Visited: 01/17/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A