KINGSTON


Founded in 1856 by L. A. Whitmore, who operated the first ferry to cross the Kings River, Kingston became stopping place for Butterfield stages after 1858. A toll bridge superseded the ferry in 1873. On December 26, 1873, Tiburcio Vásquez and his bandit gang made a bold raid, robbing the entire village.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (270)
Visited: 02/14/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A