LAS FLORES ASISTENCIA


From 1823 to the 1840s, the tile-roofed adobe chapel and hostel at Las Flores, built by Father Antonio Peyrí, served as the asistencia to Mission San Luís Rey and provided comfort to travelers on El Camino Real. The adobe structure and adjacent corral were the site of the April 1838 battle between Juan Bautista Alvarado and Carlos Antonio Carrillo contesting the provincial governorship of Alta California.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (93000391)
• State Historical Site (616)
Visited: 08/05/2017
LocationMap
Website: N/A