LAVERS CROSSING


In 1854, John C. Reid filed a squatter’s claim on this spot – the same year Kern County’s first school class was held here. In 1859, David Lavers, with his father and brother, John, built a hotel and stage barn on the old Bull Road. The crossing was the principal community in Linn’s Valley until about 1870.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (672)
Visited: 02/14/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A