MISSION SAN FERNANDO REY DE ESPANA
Mission San Fernando Rey de España was founded by Father Lasuén in September 8, 1797. A house belonging to Francisco Reyes, on Encino Rancho, furnished temporary shelter for the missionary in charge. An adobe chapel, built and blessed in December 1806, was damaged by the destructive earthquake of 1812 – a new church was completed in 1818.
Related Site(s): Brand Park (Memory Garden)