MISSION SAN FRANCISCO SOLANO


On July 4, 1823, Padre José Altamira founded this northernmost of California’s Franciscan missions, the only one established in California under independent Mexico. In 1834, secularization orders were carried out by Military Commandant M. G. Vallejo, and Mission San Francisco Solano became a parish church serving the Pueblo and Sonoma Valley until it was sold in 1881.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (3)
State Park
Visited: 05/01/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A