MULE HILL


On December 7, 1846, the day following the Battle of San Pasqual fought five miles east of here, General Stephen Kearny’s command, on its way to San Diego, was again attacked by Californians. The Americans counterattacked and occupied this hill until December 11. Short of food, they ate mule meat and named the place ‘Mule Hill.’

Designation:
• State Historical Site (452)
Visited: 10/24/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A