NAVY AND MARINE CORPS RESERVE CENTER


Designed as the largest enclosed structure without walls in the world by noted California architects Robert Clements and Associates, this Art Deco building, constructed between 1938 and 1941 by the WPA, is the largest and second-oldest Navy Reserve Center in the United Stages. It has served as the induction, separation, and training center for more than 100,000 sailors since World War II well as the filming site for countless motion pictures and television shows.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (972)
Visited: 03/29/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A
Articles & References:
Naval and Marine Corps Training Center