OLD PACIFIC HOUSE


Originally built as a hotel between 1835 and 1847 by James McKinley, the building was known as the Pacific House in 1850, when it housed a public tavern. In later years law offices, a newspaper, small stores, and a ballroom occupied the premises. In 1880 David Jacks bought the property, and in 1954 Miss Margaret Jacks made a gift of the building to the State of California.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (354)
Visited: 06/26/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A