OLD SANTA MONICA FORESTRY STATION


In 1887, the State Board of Forestry established the nation’s first experimental forestry station. Located in Rustic Canyon, the station tested exotic trees for planting in California, established plantations for management studies, and produced planting stock for scientific and conservation purposes. The station was operated by the Board of Forestry until 1893 and by the University of California until 1923.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (840)
Visited: 09/07/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A