OLD SITES OF MISSION SANTA CLARA DE ASIS AND OLD SPANISH BRIDGE


The first mission in this valley, Mission Santa Clara de Thamien, was established at this site by Franciscan Padres Tomás de la Peña and Joseph Antonio Marguia January 17, 1777. Here, at the Indian village of So-co-is-u-ka, they erected a cross and shelter for worship to bring Christianity to the Costanoan Indians.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (250)
Visited: 05/05/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A