OLD STORE AT LA HONDA


In the winter of 1861-62, John L. Sears settled in the mountains 17 miles from Redwood City. He named the place La Honda and built a store that was sometimes called the ‘Bandit-Built Store’ because two men that he employed-Jim and Bob Younger, newcomers to the area-were later proved to be members of the James Boys gang. 

Designation:
• State Historical Site (343)
Visited: 09/03/2017
LocationMap
Website: N/A