OLINDA


From 1897, when oil pioneer Edward L. Doheny brought in the first well, to the 1940s, the boom town of Olinda sprawled over the surrounding hills. To the north was the Chanslor-Candfield Midway Oil Lease and, to the south, the Olinda Crude Oil Lease. Walter Perry Johnson, of Baseball’s Hall of Fame, spent his boyhood here.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (918)
Visited: 09/27/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A