ORIGINAL BUILDING OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (USC)

(Widney Alumni Hall)


Dedicated on September 4, 1880, this original building of the University of Southern California has been continuously in use for educational purposes since October 6, 1880, when its doors were first opened to students by the university’s first president, Marion McKinley Bovard. The building was constructed under the guiding hand of Judge Robert M. Widney, the university’s leading founder, on land donated by Ozro W. Childs, John G. Downey, and Isaias W. Hellman.

Designation:
Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument (70)
• State Historical Site (536)
Visited: 09/06/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A