ORIGINAL SITE OF ST. MARY’S COLLEGE


In August 1863, Archbishop Joseph Sadoc Alemany, OP, opened St. Mary’s College here with a faculty of two diocesan priests, four laymen, and two student teachers. In August 1868, at the invitation of the archbishop, Brother Justin McMahon and seven Christian Brothers took charge of St. Mary’s.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (772)
Visited: 05/04/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A