ORTEGA-VIGARE ADOBE


Erected during mission days, 1792-1805, this is the second oldest adobe in this region. Originally ‘L’-shaped, it is now only half its original size. In 1859, the adobe became the property of Don Jean Vigare and in the early 1860s, as San Gabriel’s first bakery, it was separated from the mission’s lime orchard by a high cactus wall.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (451)
Visited: 08/08/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A