PASADENA PLAYHOUSE


Founded in 1917 by Gilmor Brown, the Pasadena Playhouse was designed by architect Elmer Grey and the cornerstone laid May 31, 1924. In 1928 the College of Theatre Arts was incorporated with the Pasadena Playhouse Association as a non-profit institution. In 1937, the Playhouse received the honorary title ‘State Theatre of California’ from the California Legislature.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (887)
Visited: 01/03/2015
LocationMap
Websitewww.pasadenaplayhouse.org