PATCHEN


“Mountain Charley” McKiernan, one of the earliest residents of the Santa Cruz Mountains, settled near here in 1850, and John Martin Schultheis and his wife homesteaded land about a mile from here in 1852. Their home was still standing in 1950. The Patchen Post Office, named for a famous racehorse, was located in this vicinity from 1872 to the 1920s.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (448)
Visited: 05/05/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A