PORTOLA EXPEDITION CAMP


The Portolá Expedition of 1769 camped on the south bank of Purisima Creek on October 27. The Indian village on the north bank of the creek was named ‘Las Pulgas’ by the army engineer with the party because the soldiers who occupied some abandoned Indian huts became covered with fleas.

Designation:
• Gaspar de Portola Expedition
• State Historical Site (22)
Visited: 09/03/2017
LocationMap
Website: N/A