RANCHO LOS CERRITOS


The 27,000-acre Rancho was once part of an 18th-century Spanish land grant to soldier Manuel Nieto. The Monterey-style adobe was constructed in 1844 and served the Temple and Bixby families as headquarters for large-scale cattle and sheep ranching operations in the 19th century. In the 1880s, the land was subdivided for farming and city development.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (70000135)
• State Historical Site (978)
Visited: 09/06/2015
LocationMap
Websitewww.rancholoscerritos.org