SCHRAMSBERG


Founded in 1862 by Jacob Schram, this was the first hillside winery of the Napa Valley. Robert Louis Stevenson, visiting here in 1880, devoted a chapter of his ‘Silverado Squatters’ to Schramsberg and its wines, Ambrose Bierce and Lilly Hitchcock Coit were other cherished friends. The original house and winery have been excellently preserved.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (98001251)
• State Historical Site (561)
Visited: 04/28/2016
LocationMap
Websitewww.schramsberg.com