SERRANO TANNING VATS


Nearby, two vats were built in 1819 by the Luiseño Indians under the direction of Leandro Serrano, first non-Indian settler in what is now Riverside County. The vats were used in making leather from cow hides. In 1981 the vats were restored and placed here by the Billy Holcomb Chapter of E Clampus Vitus.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (186)
Visited: 08/23/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A